New in ThinPrint Hub 1.8
Centrally Manage ThinPrint Hubs
ThinPrint Hub 1.8 now allows you to take advantage of ThinPrint Hub Remote Management. This provides you with a central management console for conveniently managing all your ThinPrint Hubs and/or Personal Printing Release Stations in one location, ensuring that your devices are always kept fully up to date. ThinPrint Hub Remote Management is, in addition to the Advanced Replacement Service, part of the ThinPrint Hub Enterprise Service. This service package is available for purchase through our channel partners.
- Everything stays under control thanks to a clear overview of your ThinPrint Hubs, Personal Printing Release Stations and printers.
- Manage any number of ThinPrint Hubs simultaneously instead of individually making settings to them.
- Create groups and sub-groups according to your needs and assign devices to these groups, which you can then configure in one go. Using identically configured ThinPrint Hubs, you can easily achieve high-availability printing.
- Centrally provision all types of firmware updates, certificates and configurations and roll them out globally, to device groups or individual hubs.
- Create printers and equip them with drivers. The ThinPrint Hubs you have assigned then include the printers in their printer lists.
- Enhance security with secure Pull Printing as well as ThinPrint Secure Tunnel which can be set up in the console to create secure connections between ThinPrint Hubs and headquarters.
- Thanks to the role-based administration, you can delegate admin tasks to your co-admins in accordance with their respective area of expertise.
Use up to 4 card readers per ThinPrint Hub
If you use the ThinPrint Hub as a release station for confidential printing, you can now connect up to 4 card readers to the hub. This allows for example, when using Personal Printing in a printer room with 4 different printers that one ThinPrint Release Station is sufficient to pick up print jobs from the most suitable printer.
Automatically find and create printers with ThinPrint Hub 1.4
From now, the ThinPrint Hub not only automatically finds your printers via the search feature, if required, it also even adds them to the printer list – automatically. Found devices are listed, including the printer ID, status, printer name, model, port and IP address.
ThinPrint Hub 1.3 finds your printers
With the latest version, the ThinPrint Hub automatically finds printers in your corporate network. This eliminates the need to manually create printers on the ThinPrint Hub. In addition, IT administrators can now easily connect printers in branch offices to the central print server and remotely manage them. With the search feature, all printers in the same network as the ThinPrint Hub are listed at Find Printers. To enable printing via the ThinPrint Hub, the admin easily adds printers found to the printer list with a simple click. The device then appears here with the printer ID, status, printer name, model, port and IP address. Thanks to the ThinPrint Hub, IT specialists are no longer required for printing in the branch offices.
ThinPrint Hub 1.2: SNMP monitoring for a complete overview
The ThinPrint Hub shows you the status of all your printers. Thanks to printer monitoring via SNMP, you always know exactly the current status of your printers, and whether a response is necessary. If something is not ok, you have a clear overview of color-coded warnings and errors. The cause of these faults such as lack of paper, paper jams or low toner level can be viewed in the detailed status information or by clicking on a link to directly open the printer’s web console. In addition, an SNMP monitoring tool of your choice can be used to check the status of the ThinPrint Hub itself.
Secure Integration into the IT Architecture
The ThinPrint Hub supports network authentication according to the IEEE 8.02.1x standard. This ensures that only specially secured devices can be integrated into the corporate network.