VMware Printing Solved with ThinPrint
Easy printing with ThinPrint core technology as an OEM solution
VMware has integrated proven ThinPrint technology into its desktop virtualization products to ensure reliable virtual printing. Since 2007, ThinPrint has been a VMware-OEM partner. This means that any company using VMware desktop solutions like VMware Horizon, automatically prints with ThinPrint core technology for optimized VMware printing.
ThinPrint Engine for even better VMware printing
To benefit from the full range of ThinPrint features, the ThinPrint Engine is recommended. It relieves the print burden on all virtual and physical desktops, and keeps all client hardware free of printer drivers. Even for network printing, all ThinPrint advantages are fully available as the solution seamlessly integrates network printers into any virtual desktop environment. This is particularly relevant for companies using thin/zero clients or large multifunction printers with specific features. With ThinPrint, IT departments centrally manage printing in the entire enterprise and thanks to detailed reporting always remain in full control over the virtual desktop infrastructure.
Simply better VMware printing with ThinPrint
Full flexibility in virtually any desktop architecture:
- Keep both your client hardware and virtual desktops completely free of printer drivers and relieve the burden on golden images.
- Print smoothly to a printer of your choice from all end devices, including thin/zero clients and Mac.
- Take full advantage of ThinPrint also for network printing.
- Use local print servers in branch offices or simply consolidate them with ThinPrint. More on print server consolidation »
- Print flexibly via PCoIP or TCP/IP protocols
- Your ThinPrint Server is setup within minutes – including all printer drivers and print settings
- Thanks to ThinPrint, all users – regardless of their location – print to the correct local and network printers
Optimal performance in any scenario:
- Set the maximum bandwidth allowed for printing, which will never be exceeded even if numerous users print simultaneously.
- Save on bandwidth even when using print servers and network printers with ThinPrint’s unique compression technology
- Your employees consistently print quickly thanks to the fast streaming of print jobs and SpeedCache technology. Print jobs are transferred securely with SSL-encryption.
- Users always print in the required quality thanks to finishing options such as stapling and hole-punching as well as reliable font management.
- Simplify your workflows and printing processes with VirtualCopy.
- Reduce your printing costs through far less administrative overhead and fewer print-related helpdesk calls.